Thursday, December 3, 2009

Grammy Noms Are In and They're......Not That Exciting

Wait, I guess I shouldn't say that, because for the first time in a while there are some pretty good names scattered among the nominees list. While year after year it angers me to see some of the more popular nominees get far too much credit (Black Eyed Peas, Lady GaGa, Kanye West---> the dude who made an ass of himself at the last big award show), when you take a look at the big picture, there are some names that deeper music lovers can appreciate. While I personally wasn't fond of their most recent album, it was more than enough to shoot Kings of Leon into super-stardom and in the mix for some of the biggest awards. Considering how much good music that those guys have made this past decade, I wish them the best of luck come February. Dave Matthews Band got a few sweet nominations including album of the year, so hopefully they can walk away with a few as well. Best New Artist has a few cool names including Zac Brown Band, Silversun Pickups, and MGMT, and the award will most likely go to the MGMT, which is very well deserved. While they didn't receive any big time nods, bands like Phish, Bela Fleck, Pearl Jam, and David Byrne & Brian Eno all got Grammy recognition this year. I know it's just a guilty pleasure, but when in doubt, I'm pulling for Beyonce's "Single Ladies" in any category it was nominated. You've heard my two cents, anybody have any input?

For a complete list of Grammy nominees, visit grammy.com

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment