Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Local Top 3

I'm adding a new segment to The Buzz called "My Local Top 3." For every upcoming week, I will highlight 3 local shows that tickle my fancy in hopes that you may go check them out. For those of you who don't know where local is, The Concert Buzz is Boston-based. Finally, for those of you who aren't local, check these bands out anyway and if you like what you hear, chances are they will make a stop in your neck of the woods. Without further ado, here is the first weekly top 3:

Tuesday 7/13
TT The Bear's Place, Cambridge, MA
Bear in Heaven
Twin Sister
Mountain Men

All 3 of these bands are getting great hype. I like what I'm hearing from Vermont's Mountain Men and Twin sister is about to really blow up. As for Bear in Heaven, they're another Brooklyn-grown project, so they definitely will not go unnoticed.

Saturday 7/17
Middle East Downstairs, Cambridge, MA
Heartless Bastards
The Builders and the Butchers
Cassavettes
Peter Wolf Crier

Just hopped on the Peter Wolf Crier boat and I'm glad I did. These guys are a less bluesy, more poppy Black Keys with a similar vintage sound. If you can't catch them this week, they'll return this fall with Rogue Wave and Midlake at Royale. Heartless Bastards are no slouch either.

Saturday and Sunday
Green River Music Festival, Greenfield, MA
Cake, Donna the Buffalo, Rubblebucket, Low Anthem, Calexico, and more

Green River Music Festival has expanded into a 2-day event, although don't plan on camping because there isn't any! Despite that inconvenience, they have pieced together a fine looking lineup of local and national talent which will make for a family-friendly mid-summer classic.

Go see some local music this week,

Perry

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment