Friday, April 23, 2010

Help The Dead Trees Out!


I saw the Dead Trees again the other night (they played with Adam Green, you can read my review of the show here). I swear, every show of theirs I go to, they seem to get noticably tighter and more energetic. What particularly struck me this time around was their new material. Having been a follower of this band since their infancy, it has been great to hear them develop their sound, but the material on their upcoming record really takes it to another level. I'm really excited to hear how these tunes will develop in a a studio setting, especially with a talented producer like Noah Georgeson (The Strokes, The Whigs, Adam Green) manning the boards.

There's just one problem, though: This record cannot be made without the help of the fans. These guys have given us rad music for years now and it's time we lend our support. In order to fund their new album, they have set up a Kickstarter fund, complete with some very tasty incentives for donations. These incentives include everything from advance digital downloads, to personal thank-yous in the liner notes, to skype instrument lessons, to guest list spots for life! They are really going out of their way to meet you half-way on this one, and from somebody who has heard this new material develop in a live setting, the album is going to be unreal.

So do yourslef a favor as a fan, and them a favor as a band and head over to their kickstarter page to help them record their new album.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. You are TOTALLY on target. I saw the show in Boston. Blew me away - Adam Green, too. Watch them all in this video if you love rock: http://www.vimeo.com/10806177.

    I've heard the new material from the studio roughs - you will love it. And right now, I am in a hotel room in TriBeCa in NYC, about to see them play in NYC tonight and tomorrow. They are fast becoming an outstanding rock 'n' roll band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on, hope the NYC shows were as tight as the Great Scott show. I'll for sure check out that video link as well. See you at some Trees shows in the future!

    ReplyDelete